Jul 25, 2016 1:14 PM
'If you continue to do what you've always done. You will keep getting what you've always got' Zig Ziglar
If you've just graduated this summer firstly congratulations! What an amazing achievement and what a great opportunity for you to get the life you really want. You're in a unique position to take stock of what you want from life, decide where you want to be, and what you need to get there.
It amazes me how many people fail to invest in themselves even though our life and our future is the most precious commodity we have. For those of us who are parents we see our children as the most precious of things but without investment in ourselves, our children will repeat our mistakes, take on our self-limiting beliefs and may not reach their true potential. An investment in ourselves is an investment that will add value and improve not only our lives but those of our family and those most precious to us.
If you are a newly qualified Graduate, you may not yet know what you want to do, and why should you? Some individuals may have a clear idea or goal of what they want from life but most often, they are the minority, the majority struggle to be clear in their thinking, they question their decisions and procrastinate for a number of different reasons. Thus begins a cycle of self-limiting thoughts and behaviours that prevent you from reaching our true potential and achieving the life we really want.
Get ahead of the game. Coaching can help you discover who you are, what you’re good at, where you want to be in your life, and how to get there. It will give you the confidence, self-belief and life skills that will differentiate you from the rest and give you a head start in life.
A few tips for success
- Everyone has the power to change things in an instant.
- All the resources we need to achieve what we want are within us.
- For changes to be of any value, they have to be lasting and consistent.
- Raise your standards
- Change your limiting beliefs
- Change your strategy
- Remember almost everything we do is to change the way we feel.
- Most often we do not look at ourselves as the solution to our challenges.
- We turn to short-term fixes that are often outside our control and use them as an excuse if we fail.
Can you truly say that you wake up each day in a positive frame of mind, that you take time to reflect and appreciate the good things? How often do you use lack of time as an excuse to not do something? This is not about just time management, it’s about making decisions that will lead you towards your goal. Life coaching helps you to be confident in your decisions and look beyond short term gratification. Often people allow their decisions to be dictated by their environment/circumstances instead by their own values.
1. Life coaching helps with decisions about WHAT to focus on.
2. It helps with understanding what things mean to you and HOW IMPORTANT they are to you.
3. You learn what decisions you need to make and how to do it to create the RESULT you want.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE GUIDE TO GOAL SETTING ON THE RESOURCES PAGE
If you’re interested in taking up our ‘Young Directional Coaching’ Programme, call us for a FREE trial session Tel: 07898 951 009